4 Years 4 Days, 2 Showings and a LOT of Work

After 4 years of work, 4 days on the market and 2 showings, our house had a conditional offer on it.  When we prayed about the sale of the house we prayed for a quick sale so we didn't have to keep the house 'like a magazine' for too long.

The closing date is August 26th, which is now less than two months away.  That's when things get a little unsure, unclear, unpredictable.  Phil likes to call it 'fluid'. I am trying not to call it homeless but 'houseless' as our wise friend Wayne calls it.  No matter how you look at it we are not sure where we will lay our heads that night.  I can't help but think what my friend Rob Hall would think of it, I can see him smiling and with a bit of a laugh saying, 'I think it's awesome'.

You may be wondering why we would choose to sell our house so long before we are actually leaving for Brazil.  There are a few reasons for this, some practical and some spiritual.  My real estate experience says that it's a better time to list a house and a better time for the Kilborns to find one.  The other reason is that when we prayed about timing we felt strongly that, despite our later departure we were supposed to 'stay the course'.  With how quickly our house sold and the fact that the Kilborns found something that has everything they hoped for and more, at a greatly reduced cost than they thought, I would say we feel like we are doing the right thing.  We feel like we are paddling down stream.

This is where the real tough stuff of our faith comes in.  The soaring off the diving board, waiting for the water.  We will need a place to call home for the months before we leave, we also need to raise the money required for us to go.  We are still a long way off from either of these goals, and January, as far off as it can seem in the swealtering July heat, is really just around the corner.

A year and a half ago I had no idea our life would round this corner.  I was very content in my community, had (and still have!) a wonderful family and church family and really really great friends, life was sailing along in auto pilot.  It has happened quite quickly, so sometimes I have to give my head a shake, as life is still rolling along here it's hard to believe how much will change in the next few months.  But I do have faith that things will fall into the places they are meant to be, after all if God can change my heart about leaving this place I call home, He can do anything.










Comments

Dan Thiessen said…
Great blog addition Jenn....I get the apprehension in it all but also know that our God is sufficient for ALL of your needs ( and even wants) ....praying that you will be in an amazing situation in those 2 months...you'll be awed and also that ALL of your support will come in! Love you Sandy
Rebecca said…
From Philippians 1: 4-6:
"In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."

Popular Posts