Hearing God's Voice

Ten years ago if someone told me God was speaking to them I would have thought perhaps they had had too much sun, not enough water-ok, I would have thought they were crazy.  Let's face it, movies, television, media in general depict anyone who hears the voice of God to be a bit off kilter.

Now, well....call me crazy.

A couple of months ago I 'heard' God saying that we needed to start taking steps forward despite not having enough funds.  I asked what those steps should be and felt that we should put our townhouse up for rent.  It seemed a lot like putting the cart before the horse that wasn't even born yet.  So, I added to my prayer, "Lord, help me know that this is your instruction, please tell my husband the same thing so I know I'm hearing you right'.  Then I asked Phil to pray about what our next step should be and did not share with him what I felt I had heard.  A few days later he said "Well, I think we should put our house up for rent".

I say 'heard' because it's not an audible voice, at least not for me.  It's more of an idea or thought or words in my minds eye that seem to come, often quickly, after or during prayer.  Sometimes it's a 'feeling' like I feel peaceful about something in spite of the facts in front of me.

The facts in front of us right now are this; WE DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH MONTHLY FINANCIAL SUPPORT TO LIVE  AND WORK IN BRAZIL.  And yet, I feel peaceful about renting out our house.  On paper that is, let's see 2+2=CRAZY by the worlds standards.

But, when I made the decision to whole heartedly follow God, I knew I would no longer appear sane.  I'm ok with that.

So, we continue to walk forward, and part of that is booking our tickets for England.  It has been 7 years since we were last there-Luke was just a baby and Faith was just a dream.  Phil's two sisters and brother live there and two of them have never met Faith.  We also have friends from London all the way up to Scotland that we met while in Africa, so we will travel up and visit along the way. We have a lot of catching up to do before we leave again.

We also want to expand our contact base, bring Brazil to England and the churches there and connections have already begun.  We are excited!







Comments

Popular Posts