SANDY UPDATE-CANCER IS TREATABLE PLEASE PRAY!!!

Weeping may endure for the night, 
but joy comes in the morning!!
Psalm 30:5


I can hardly believe what I just read on Sandy's daughters blog-she has been updating us all on how Sandy has been doing.  The results of a biopsy done the other day have come in and she has Burkitts Lymphoma which is a very aggressive but treatable form of cancer.  Here is what her daughter wrote:


"Tonight was horrendous. Rachel said it was the worst thing she's seen in her nursing career. Mom was vomiting and had diarrhea and was in excruciating pain. The nurses couldn't give her enough meds to kill the pain. My brother called to tell me mom might pass tonight. I cried my face off while Paul and I waited for Sue, my mother-in-law, to arrive to stay with Safiya. As we pulled up to the hospital, my sister called to tell me the results of the biospy were in and mom had Burkitts Lymphoma, a very aggressive type of cancer but treatable.

By the time I got up to her floor, mom and dad were in her room trying to decided if mom wanted to go ahead with the treatment or if she was ready to die. If she chose not to go for the treatment, the doctor estimated she had two weeks to live. Mom said she didn't know if she can handle the chemo but said she would do it if all of us kids wanted her to. We do want her to so she is going to go through with it.

This does not mean mom will live it just means she may live. So please pray for her. Pray that God gives her the strength to live. We want her around so badly but we also don't want undo suffering for mom."

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thanks for the update Jen, I'll be praying.

Popular Posts